The festivities have now come to an end, but what to do with all the bits and pieces that are left over?
Chef Ryan and his team have come up with the brilliant “Post-Christmas Rocky Road”, which is the perfect thing to enjoy before it is time to get back on the straight and narrow. Enjoy!
- 100 g leftover shortbread cookies
- 1/3 cup butter
- 80g dark chocolate
- 1 ½ tablespoons golden syrup
- 50 g leftover marshmallows, cut up
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup toasted hazelnuts or any other festive nuts left over
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, syrup, and dark chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, break the shortbread into bite-size pieces.
- Add the marshmallows, cranberries, and hazelnuts to the shortbread pieces and mix.
- Pour the chocolate and butter mixture over the marshmallow mix and stir to combine.
- Line a bread loaf tin with greaseproof paper and then spoon in the mixture.
- Flatten the top with a spatula and then place in refrigerator to set.
- Once cold and set, remove from the tin and cut into squares.