World Pangolin Day is celebrated on the third Saturday of February every year, that means this weekend. Pangolins are the world’s most illegally traded mammal, so this day of recognition was formed to bring awareness to these unique animals and help people understand the plight that they face.
We thought what better way to bring appreciation to something than to celebrate with a cocktail named after it. It will be a Saturday, after all! So, with World Pangolin Day in mind we have come up with the Pangolin Gin Sparkle.
We used Pangolin Gin which is a limited-edition South African craft gin launched to help support pangolin conservation efforts across Africa. However, if you can’t support this fabulous gin initiative you can use your local favorite and it will still taste just as good!
- 2 shots Pangolin Gin
- 1 shot fresh lime juice and some zest (for garnish)
- 1 shot sugar water
- 30 ml egg white
- Sparkling wine, just a splash (or 3)
- Place the gin, lime juice, sugar water and egg white into a cocktail shaker. Add some ice.
- Give the drink a good shake.
- Add a splash of Sparkling wine for extra fizz.
- Pour into a glass, top with lime zest and serve.