In a world where everything is faster, it is hard to contemplate the concept of making homemade jam like your grandmother did. Hours of stirring a bubbling concoction, sterilizing jars, bottling for the season. But, with our brilliant ten-minute strawberry jam you can whip it up in no time at all.
This fast-track jam has all the delicious health benefits of honey, fresh strawberries, and chia seeds, and really it is so easy that even children can make it! So, next time you have friends over for breakfast or scones for afternoon tea take 10 minutes to make this fail-safe strawberry jam!
- 300 g strawberries, halved
- 3 Tbs Chia seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Tbs honey
- Place the strawberries, lemon juice and Chia seeds in a saucepan.
- Simmer on a low heat until slightly syrupy. Add Chia seeds and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove from the saucepan, mash slightly if needed and leave to cool
- Enjoy with some homemade flapjacks or toasted sourdough.