Nutella doughnuts for our guests
< Back to all
Nutella doughnuts, for real!
Shara Burger | From The Kitchen
Let’s be honest…anything filled with Nutella just tastes better, right? Especially a doughnut! When Chef Ryan decided to create these delicious morsels, we swear it was like a gift from the gods.
There really is not much to say about these mouth-watering treats, except you absolutely have to make them at home if you can’t indulge in them at Tanda Tula Safari Camp. Yes, admittedly, it takes a bit of time to make, but trust us, you will be as thrilled as we were at their invention.
- 1 pkt (10g) Active Dry Yeast
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 2 tablespoon White Sugar
- 125g Butter, Melted
- 2 Eggs
- 600g White Bread Flour
- 5ml Baking Powder
- 5ml Salt
- Desiccated coconut for rolling
- 1 jar Nutella Spread
- In a large bowl, mix the yeast, sugar and warm water together.
- Wrap the bowl with cling film and place in a warm area to allow the yeast to ferment. This will take about 20 minutes.
- Once the yeast mixture has turned to a froth, add the flour, baking powder, salt, egg and butter to the bowl.
- Mix until a soft dough is formed. If the dough is too sticky, add some more flour and if the dough is too stiff, add a little more warm water.
- Lightly knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough back in the mixing bowl and cover again with cling film.
- Allow the dough to rise in a warm area until it is double its size. This will take about 30 minutes.
- Gently knock down the dough using your fingertips.
- Sprinkle flour on a work surface and roll out the dough until it is about 1cm thick.
- Cut out discs with a small scone cutter. Place the discs on a tray.
- Place the tray in a warm area to size. It only needs to rise an additional half its size
- Heat a heavy based saucepan filled with sunflower oil to 160ᵒC.
- Deep fry the doughnuts until they are golden brown on all sides.
- Once the doughnuts have cooked through, remove them from the oven and drain them on paper towel.
- Once drained, roll the doughnuts in the desiccated coconut whilst they are still warm. Coat the doughnuts completely.
- Place the Nutella into a piping bag fitted with a small round nozzle.
- Stick the nozzle into the middle of the doughnut and fill with the Nutella.
Authors View rates & promotions >
We’d love to have you join the family.
Sign up for exclusive access to early bird promotions and other exciting offers, news and updates.