Two Night Walking Safari Experience (01 April until 30 September)
Tanda Tula is proud to be the first in the Timbavati to offer a remarkable once-in-a-lifetime experience: the two night walking safari.
The Two Night Walking Safari is based out of a secluded location, some 5km from Tanda Tula Safari Camp, called “Machaton Hide”. Machaton Hide is a double-storey wooden structure on stilts, with the top floor as the sleeping area and the lower floor utilised for storage. The hide overlooks a popular watering hole on the banks of the Machaton River.
The Two Night Walking Safari provides an opportunity for nature lovers and adventure seekers to experience the beautiful African wildlife on foot and up close, and to sleep under the stars, exactly as the early explorers did. This experience is ideal for guests who love to hike, enjoy bird watching, flora and fauna and game tracking on foot.
Each Walking Safari itinerary is individually tailored to suit guests’ requirements.
On foot and up close!
Every safari expedition is led by one of our highly qualified ranger and tracker teams. Guests will kick-start the day with an early-morning outdoor shower, steaming hot coffee and homemade rusks, before venturing out on a game walk. The group walks for between ten and twelve kilometers per day, tracking wildlife and bird watching and stopping to take in the magnificent scenery and biodiversity of the reserve.
After a day spent exploring the great outdoors, guests return to the secluded Machaton Hide. Here, they are treated to a hearty dinner cooked over a fire in the traditional ‘bush kitchen’ style. The Hide is rustic yet fully equipped with all the necessary creature comforts of camp beds, linen, mosquito nets, oil lanterns, bush showers and a loo. Memories are made and stories are shared around the campfire before guests retire with nothing but a mosquito net between them, the wilderness and the big night sky.
An intimate group of a maximum of four people per walking safari can be accommodated, making the experience ideal for families, friends and couples travelling together. This is an exclusive experience and guests are guaranteed that their group will be the only group on each walking safari experience.
Please note the following:
- Minimum two night walking safari
- Only available during 01 April and 30 September
- Children over 14 years are welcome
- Single supplement: 50% additional charge (April R8017.50pn & May-Sep R7150.50pn)
- Machaton Hide can accommodate a maximum of 4 guests
- The Machaton hide is rustic yet comfortable and a fantastic bush experience for people who love the outdoors. There is no electricity but guests will enjoy evenings lit by oil lanterns. There is a bush loo and outdoor shower
- Guests will sleep on modern camper-beds with all necessary linen and blankets which are provided
- Towels are provided
- Guests must pack an overnight pack with toiletries and cloths for the duration of the Walking Safari.
- Amenities are provided (torches, bathroom amenities, mosquito spray, mosquito nets and sarongs)
- Rates include: 14% VAT accommodation, laundry, all meals & local drinks, private vehicle, ranger & tracker, private chef for the days/nights on Walking Safari, all game-drive & walking activities
What to Pack:
- Walking boots, flip flops
- Sun block & hats
This cannot be used in conjunction with any other special or package
To view the Two Night Walking Safari rates please click here.
Or call reservations on +27 (0)15 793 3191 for more information.